Thursday, January 18, 2007

Canon and Nikon : What's all the fuss about? :)


I used to be a Canon user and have 2 outstanding lenses that can basically capture almost everything. And now, I did the unthinkable, I'm a Nikonian. People keep on debating which one is better and having tried both, here's what I got to say about it: Both are GREAT!! Of course there are compromises but then again, its always a matter of preference. But though you prefer one over the other, it does not mean that the other system is not good. Here are a few comparisons between the 2 cameras that I have used (Canon EOS 20D and Nikon D200).

1. Both feels good in the hand since they're both made of magnesium alloy. The D200 is weather sealed though. :)

2. Both have ISO 3200 (really useful) but Canon has a better noise management.

3. Both are 5 frames per second (really fun).

4. 10 Mp for D200 and 8 Mp for Canon. Means nothing really if you print 4R, 5R, or even 8R.

5. Both have great lenses though I'm loving the 18-200 VR. :)

6. The lenses I used to have for Canon are sharper but the Nikon lens is not that bad and gets the job done. I'm not a pro or anything nor am I a photographer. I just love taking pictures.

Bottom Line: Both are great cameras. In the end, I realized that its all about capturing that moment, regardless if you're using Nikon or Canon. Its the picture that is the most important. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home